Monday, December 19, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude Day 19 - Dates

On any given night out, my husband and I normally love having our darling little teenage daughter tag along with us. She is fun to hang out with and the plus side is that she loves our friends and they love her so it's never a burden on either end. However, once in a while, we get the opportunity to just be adults and go out alone. We get to go have adult conversations and even see movies that don't include talking animals or vampires (not that I don't have Team Jacob spirit!). Tonight was one of those nights. J is off with her friends and Grandma and we get the night to ourselves. I am thankful for these moments to catch up with the one I love without having to use a filter. Dates have always been important to us and I am thankful that we have collectively agreed on this for over 22 years. We, or should I say I, don't have the stamina to stay out as late as I used to and curling up by the fire to watch a movie has almost the same appeal on a "date night" as a night out on the town. So tonight I have gratitude for Grandma (hanging out with J) as well as for that handsome guy who still wants to hang out with me... I'm jus' sayin'!

"Always do something that requires you and your date to talk."
~ Steven Hill

"I would say that the surest measure of a man's or a woman's maturity is the harmony, style, joy, and dignity he creates in his marriage, and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his spouse."
~ Benjamin McLane Spock

"When a wife has a good husband it is easily seen in her face."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2 comments:

  1. I had the best surprise Sunday night. Rough weekend was winding up and I fully expected to be by myself, with no television, no dvd player, no FUN. Tom was working in New Braunfels and planned to stay the night and go into Austin Monday morning, but out on the lawn there arose such a clatter! Dogs barking Welcome Home!! and headlights headed up the dirt road. Tom came all the way home to Burnet just so I wouldn't be alone after a rough few days. We watched It's a Wonderful Life, streaming through the computer..lol. Thank you for reminding me how lucky I was to have him home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh what a wonderful thing to see coming up the road. I know how rough your week was and I love that so did he. God gave you both a very special gift in each other and I love how you both get that. It truly is a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete