Friday, December 16, 2011

30 days of Gratitude Day 16 - Christmas Cards



I know it seems like many of the things that I am grateful for are related to the holidays. Well, it's true and I just can't help it! Tonight I am going through my mail and reading about friends and family near and far. I look forward to these annual letters and cards because it's the one time of the year when I get the chance to catch up on family business, if you will. I find out about new births, graduations, passing of loved ones and pets. I get to hear how one has made the "team" or that our youngest has just left for college. Some letters are bittersweet while others filled with joy. But all of them bring me a smile because it's the one constant I get every year. I remember when I was younger, my Mom would get so many of these Christmas letters and cards and I would think "Why does she get so excited over these long, drawn out letters, I mean do we really care that their kids got straight "A's" or that so and so started a new job?". As I got older – and especially since I moved to Texas – I can't tell you how much I look forward to those pictures and that information just as my Mom used to. Being able to sit down with a cup of tea and read about those report cards and announcements of new jobs makes me feel just a little bit closer, even if it is only once a year... I'm jus' sayin'!

Here is a link that will give you some great tips on writing that letter in case you might just want to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment