Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Twist on a Classic - The Honey Date Oatmeal Cookie

One recent afternoon, I found a container of dates in the fridge that were left over from an appetizer I had previously made. Not wanting them to go to waste, I thought about what I could make to use them up. I didn't feel like making the usual date bars. Though tasty, I was looking for something different on this day. I ended up going with a twist on a classic - oatmeal raisin cookies. Since I am not a big fan of raisins, the dates were, for me, a great alternative. Here's the recipe I came up with. Please give it a try and tell me what you think.

Honey Date Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
2 eggs
1/3 cup Honey
1 3/4 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups regular oats
1 cup diced dates

Heat oven to 375. Mix sugar, butter, eggs and honey. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 min until lightly brown on top and bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment