Wednesday, December 7, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude Day 6 - My Computer



Yep, without my computer I would not have the ability to creatively store my thoughts in writing and share them with all of you. I would not have access to the internet that allows me to explore the world and reach out to family members that live far away. My computer is my morning "newspaper". While drinking my coffee I check my email, my Pinterest boards, my Facebook pages and my Twitter feed. When I am in a hurry to find a recipe, I am forever grateful for "google" so that the recipe is literely at my finger tips. A quick phone number or map to a place yep you got it right there on the screen ready to print. I worked for years on an old hand-me-down computer of my husband's that had the keys all worn out and might have needed duct tape if I had tried to travel with it. Still, I was blessed to have it. A year ago he surprised me with my very own, brand new laptop and I am forever loving it. Would my life still be blessed with out it? Absolutely! But I love all the extra blessings having one gives me. I'm jus' sayin'!

"Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams, but no machine can replace the human spark of spirit, compassion, love, and understanding."
~ Louis Gerstner


"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
~ Pablo Picasso

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Especially living so far out in the boondocks, it's my lifeline! It's like having the entire worlds' libraries at my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete