Monday, December 5, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude Day 4 - Laughter




Laughter and a sense of humor. My parents handed it down to me and I am super grateful that I have it. It is a proven fact that laughter will fight stress, lower blood pressure and increase energy levels, so why in the world would you not want to go for one of those deep belly laughs? Laughter and humor has gotten me through some of the most awkward of situations. It continues to be my husband's go-to medicine when I start to stress over ridiculous situations I have no control over. I have seen some of the most angry individuals shattered in the midst of laughter. So tell a silly joke, crack a silly face and just roll with it If anything, it will make others curious! i'm jus' sayin'!

“The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.”
~ Mark Twain



“A laugh is a smile that bursts.”
~ Mary H. Waldrip



"A sense of humor... is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life."
~Hugh Sidey

2 comments:

  1. Awww....so grateful to have been so included in this picture collage! Love you and look forward to many more bouts of uncontrollable laughter with you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Just seeing you laugh makes me all warm inside, even on a cold and somewhat dreary day.

    ReplyDelete