Wednesday, December 21, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude Day 21 - Helping Hands



Sometimes all we need is a helping hand. Today I experienced a lot of helping hands. The first thing this morning my daughter got up and started helping me with the house-cleaning. She dusted, vacuumed and mopped the floors for me. This was such a huge help and it gave me a moment to work on the baking for the day. She also went grocery shopping with me. When we were finished and I was leaving the parking lot, traffic was heavy enough that I had to wait for what seemed like forever for someone to let me in. That friendly wave from a stranger telling me to go in front of them was such a welcome relief. When we went to pick up lunch someone gave up there spot in line to open the door for us. Because I had so much help today I noticed I was able to really slow down and not feel so rushed with my "to do" list. I had time to watch a movie with my daughter, took time to watch her create a gingerbread house and dinner was not rushed. It's amazing how much you can get done when you're in the right frame of mind. Being grateful for helping hands seems to be something I tend to take for granted. I got so much done for others today because of those helping hands early on. When I was thinking about what to write tonight I realized It was earlier than usual for me to be sitting down behind the computer. Seems like all those helping hands today really gave me time to use my hands and type this up early... I'm jus' sayin'!

"In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us.
~ Flora Edwards

"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
~ Swedish Proverb

“Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up.”
~Jesse Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment