Wednesday, December 14, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude Day 14 - Good News!



Today I got some good news! I actually jumped for joy! I think we get good news everyday – it's just some days we don't always perceive it as "Good". I remember not long ago when a close friend told me that she had been diagnosed with cancer. I remember how sad I felt when I first heard the news. But It was not the sadness that I remember so much as the spirit and tone she had. I remember her saying she was going to "kick this cancer's butt" and remain positive, even on the worst days of treatment. I was so taken by that. Her faithfulness paid off and she remained true to her vow. It didn't matter how sore her throat was, how isolated she had to be from her loved ones, or how nasty her stomach felt, she persevered and gave it all up to God. So today, she got the call from the doctor with the news that they had indeed "kicked its butt" and it was gone! Tears of joy cannot come close to showing how happy I am over this news. On that same note, I know that there are many others suffering from cancer and other illnesses right now. I don't know what God's plan for them is. I have several on my immediate prayer list now that I pray daily for and hope that comfort will come to them soon with good news. It's sometimes hard hearing news, whether it be good or not so good. I struggle just like the rest of the human race to come up with words that make sense of it all. Being able to say the right thing at the right moment is hard. Sometimes it's not even words. Sometimes it's just a friendly ear to listen and a warm hug, a hot meal, or simply a smile that says I'm here waiting to hear that good news right along side of you. I am grateful today that I am surrounded by such amazing people that I can share in whatever news they have and I can shout for joy or cry along side of them. Most importantly, however, I can be there when they share the news... I'm jus' sayin'!

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"
~ Anne Frank

"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell."
~ Lance Armstrong

"Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway."
~ Emory Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment